RELAX THOSE WRINKLES!
WHAT IS BOTOX?
Botox® Cosmetic is an FDA-approved injectable dermal filler that can be used to temporarily improve the appearance of facial wrinkles, wrinkles on the brow, and crow’s feet in adults. Botox uses a form of botulinum toxin to temporarily paralyze muscle activity, which effectively relaxes the muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles on the skin. Botox® can also be used to relax repetitive neck spasms (cervical dystonia), reduce the effects of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), control an overactive bladder, and ease the effects associated with chronic migraines in some people.
- How much research has gone into BOTOX® Cosmetic?BOTOX® Cosmetic is backed by over 16 years of published studies. BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most widely researched and studied treatment of its kind, approved for use in 98 countries. The safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been described in more than 528 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
- How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines — the repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, smiling and raising the eyebrows over the years. Your specialist will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of the frown lines between your brows, your crow’s feet lines and your forehead lines.
- Will my face look overdone or unnatural?BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You can trust BOTOX® Cosmetic to deliver subtle results when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy. So, you’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable lines. No one should be able to tell you’ve had anything done.
- Is BOTOX® Cosmetic only for women?Not at all! Many men make BOTOX® Cosmetic part of what they do to care for their appearance. The number of men choosing treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic has risen in the last few years. Thus far, over one million men have received botulinum toxin treatments.
- Do I need to be over 40 to start using BOTOX® CosmeticIt's not your age that determines when BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you, it's the severity of your lines. The truth is, everyone's lines form differently. The timing can be influenced by a combination of factors, from cellular changes that may occur over time, to reduction of collagen, to genetic factors, or damage caused by free radicals from the sun and the environment.
- How much time does treatment take?The actual injection process takes a quick 10 minutes. Your VIO specialist will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
- Do BOTOX® Cosmetic injections hurt?Some guests report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. Your VIO specialist may use ice or a topical numbing cream to numb the treatment area.
- Is there much downtime after BOTOX® Cosmetic injections?Treatment requires minimal downtime. So, you can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave your VIO location
- Will I see results quickly? You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours. However, full effect may not take place for up to two weeks.
- How long do treatment effects last?Results can last up to four months for moderate to severe frown lines. Remember, results vary from person to person. Your VIO specialist will plan your next appointment based on your results and aesthetic goals.
- What were the side effects in clinical studies?Three percent of guests experienced eyelid drooping in the frown lines studies, one percent of guests experienced eyelid swelling in the crow's feet studies, and one percent of guests experienced brow drooping in the forehead lines studies. Other possible side effects include: dry mouth; discomfort or pain at the injection site; tiredness; headache; neck pain; eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight and dry eyes; and allergic reactions. These are not all of the possible serious side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic.