WHAT IS SCULPTRA?
Unlike hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, Sculptra® Aesthetic helps stimulate your skin’s own natural collagen production to help restore its inner structure and increase facial volume that has been lost to aging. Sculptra® Aesthetic works subtly and gradually over time for a more youthful-looking appearance. Sculptra® Aesthetic is intended for use in people with healthy immune systems as a one-time treatment regimen of up to four injection sessions that are scheduled about three weeks apart.
How Sculptra Works
- Which areas does Sculptra Aesthetic treat?• Sculptra Aesthetic is used to correct shallow to deep wrinkles and folds on the face. Sculptra Aesthetic is clinically approved for: Deep folds between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds), also called “smile lines”; Lines framing the mouth (marionette lines); Chin wrinkles
• Lines framing the mouth (marionette lines)
• Chin wrinkles
- How many treatments are required?On average, a series of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months may be needed. The number of injections at each session will vary, depending on the degree of correction needed and the treatment plan determined by you and your specialist.
- Is Sculptra Aesthetic safe? What are the side effects?Sculptra Aesthetic is FDA approved in the United States and has been used worldwide since 1999. Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid that is absorbed naturally by the body and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
- What are the side effects?• Since Sculptra Aesthetic does not contain any human or animal components, no allergy testing is needed prior to treatments. Side effects reported include injection site pain, redness, bruising, tenderness, itching and lumps, bleeding or swelling. Small bumps under the skin can sometimes be noticeable when pressing on the treated area. Larger lumps, with or without inflammation, have also been reported. The types and duration of side effects may vary. If you are experiencing side effects, talk to your doctor.
- How soon after treatment can I wear makeup?If there are no complications, you may apply makeup several hours after treatment.