WHAT ARE PDO THREADS?
Do you want to defy the aging process or improve the shape of your smile with the natural healing power of your own body? Lifting and Smooth threads are a non-surgical, minimally invasive way to improve the look of your skin and lips. By inserting a synthetic absorbable thread made of polydioxanone (PDO) under the skin, we can lift and tighten your skin, producing immediate results. As the body absorbs the threads over time, your body not only heals, but at the same time it produces more collagen in the lifted or smoothed areas, tightening the skin from the inside. Lifting threads can provide a more instant lift impact to the face, while smoothing threads can improve your skin’s appearance more gradually.
- What are PDO threads made of?Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are a special medical grade thread that is almost as thin as hair and made of protein. PDO threads relax tendons and muscles and cause a foreign body reaction that improves blood flow to the area stimulating neocollagenesis (the production of new collagen in the skin).
- Is PDO thread lift safe?PDO threads have been specially designed for safe re-absorption by the body.
- Does a thread lift hurt?A specially designed thin needle is used to insert the threads into the skin, minimizing patient discomfort. Guests sometimes experience mild soreness and swelling for a few days after having this procedure, but it can usually be managed with over the counter pain relievers.
- What should I expect Post Procedure?• You should refrain from washing, wetting and touching your face or the treated area for at least 12 hours after your procedure.
• Once you do start showering and cleansing the area, be careful not to massage or scrub with a washcloth for 3 weeks after your thread lift.
• Do not rub, massage or press on the treated area.
- How long do PDO threads take to work?Your skin will fully absorb the PDO thread within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
- How often can you have PDO threads?PDO threads, dissolve after only six to nine months.
- Can PDO threads be removed?Once PDO threads have been inserted there is a core of collagen that begins to surround the thread, making it extremely traumatic to remove. In general, it is best to not remove absorbable threads unless there is a strong medical reason, such as an infection.