WHAT ARE CHEMICAL PEELS?
V/O Med Spa chemical peels are a quick and effective way to improve the radiance and elasticity of your skin. Minor blemishes, scars, lines, discoloration, age spots and even freckles can be significantly reduced or diminished. Our skilled estheticians use peels that are designed to improve the appearance of uneven or damaged skin, while keeping your comfort and safety in mind. Enhancing your skin doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out procedure. Many of our chemical peels are designed to produce results after just one session.
It’s time to look and feel your best! With different grades of intensity, from surface level to deep layers, there is a chemical peel for all skincare needs and varying levels of facial degeneration.
Types of Chemical Peels
Superficial peels are peels that may contain mild acids, such as alpha-hydroxy acid
(AHA) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHA). These compounds penetrate the outermost layer of skin. Superficial pees are primarily designed to gently exfoliate the skin, leaving it looking healthy and radiant. AHAs are the mildest of all chemical peels and are typically used when treating very fine lines, dry and dehydrated skin, mild skin and pigment irregularities and acne. BHAs tend to work very well on oily skin types. They are great for oil production control, especially when used on acne prone and congested skin.
Medium peels may contain trichloroacetic or glycolic acid. These peels are designed to reach the middle and outer layer of skin and are effective at removing damaged skin cells. Medium peels can incorporate the use of other acids, such as salicylic acid. Medium peels are a great choice for advanced pigment irregularities, sun damage, deeper wrinkles and acne scars.
Deep peels use the strongest chemical peel solutions and result in a deep skin peel. Deep peels may contain phenol or tricholoracetic acid. These peels are designed to fully penetrate the middle layer of the skin. They are effective at removing damaged skin cells. Deep peels are very powerful and can provide long-lasting facial rejuvenation results. These peels are reserved for only the most serious cases, may only be applied rarely, and are typically administered by a physician or qualified licensed medical professional.
- Who are mild peels appropriate for?Mild peels are appropriate for first-time, chemical-peel guests, guests with mild skin imperfections or guests that are looking for brighter, more radiant skin with no downtime.
- What kind of results can I expect to see after a mild peel?Most guests leave the spa with a brighter overall appearance of their skin.
- How long will it take before I see results from a mild peel?You should see more radiant looking skin after one peel.
- Who are moderate appropriate for?Most guests leave the spa looking healthy and fresh. Mild redness or discoloration may occur and can be covered with makeup.
- What kind of results can I expect to see after a moderate peel?Most patients leave the spa looking healthy and fresh. Mild redness or discoloration may occur and can be covered with makeup.
- How long will it take before I see results from a moderate peel?Noticeable results after just one peel, compelling results after three to six peels
- Who are deep peels appropriate for?Deep peels are appropriate for guests with moderate to severe skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Deep peels also address skin unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes.
- What kind of results can I expect to see from a deep peel?After a deep peel treatment, guests will notice an improvement of overall skin condition, diminishment in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothness of skin texture and more even skin color and improved skin clarity.
- How long will it take before I see results from a deep peel?Immediately following treatment, guests may notice a yellowish tinge on the skin, which should last no more than 2-3 hours. Mild redness is expected after any type of chemical peel procedure. The extent of redness varies from guest to guest. The face may appear redder than usual for some time after the treatment and completely resolves after the peeling is complete. Guests may see noticeable results after just one peel, compelling results after three to six peels.